You should choose the best water softener system for home depending on your needs and conveniences. Different types of water softener system for home are available in the market to fulfill different needs. Some of them may be the best in quality but may not serve the purpose of your requirement. So, it is better to understand and evaluate your needs and check out the items to see what fits your needs best.
We have selected the most essential products on the market and provided short features to let you quickly check them. With our buying guide and tips, you can choose the items that fit you the best.
10 Best water softener system for home Reviews and Guide in 2022
Check out the top 10 water softener system for home Reviews to see what product offers you the best value and usefulness.
1. Whirlpool WHESFC Pro Series – Softener/Whole Home Filter Hybrid, Gray
- Uses up to 25% less salt and water than previous Whirlpool models by monitoring your water usage and only regenerating when necessary. Older timer-based models regenerate on a set cycle regardless of how much water you’ve used; which can result in unnecessary water and salt consumption.
- Water Contaminant Reduction: This whole home filtration system reduces sediment, chlorine taste, and odor from the water used throughout your entire home.
- Efficiently Use Salt: The WHESFC is a smart water softener, meaning it uses demand-initiated regeneration technology to produce soft water as your home needs it, reducing salt costs over the life of the system.
- No Filter to Replace: The WHESFC Pro Series Hybrid cleans its own filter as needed — you will never have to replace the filter.
- Save Money With A 2-in-1 System: Remove hard water minerals and harmful contaminants for families of 1-to-5 with one single-tank system instead of buying 2 separate systems.
- Superior Hardness Removal: This hybrid water softener/filter has a 31, 000 grain capacity, an above average hardness removal rating of 120 grains per gallon, and an iron removal rating of 3 ppm which helps reduce reddish-brown stains on drains and water using appliances.
- Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA. Questions Call the Whirlpool helpline
2. AO Smith Whole House Water Softener Alternative – Salt Free Descaler System for Home – Works with City & Well Water Filters – 6yr, 600,000 Gl, AO-W
- Well Or City Water – Our Whole House Descaler is engineered to work with both well & city water systems.
- Salt-Free Scale Prevention – The AO-WH-DSCLR naturally reduces scale build up in pipes and plumbing using a salt & chemical-free system. No cleaning, backwashing, salt-bags or electricity required.
- Long Lasting & Cost Efficient – Reduces scale build-up for up to 6-Years or 600,000 Gallons. System includes a 6-Year warranty.
- Works For All Your Water Needs – System works effectively on water for use in drinking, cooking, showering & bathing. Perfect for households of 4 or more people. System will not reduce TDS, sulfur, or iron.
- Includes one Whole House Descaler, shut-off valve, hose adapter and nipple – Limited 6-year warranty.
3. Aquasure Harmony Series 48,000 Grains Water Softener with High Efficiency Digital Metered Control Head (48,000 Grains)
- Equipped with Aquatrol Advanced Digital On-Demand Meter Control Head, in and out bypass, 1″ NPT Male Adapter, and pre-filled premium quality resin.
- Every Aquasure Water Softener is constructed of High strength corrosion resistant fiberglass lined polyethylene tank, durable bypass valve and prefilled premium grade resin. It also comes with 5 year manufacturer warranty
- Featured, time delayed, metered and manual double backwash for optimum regeneration, cleaning, and performance.
- Reduces hardness in the water, and eliminates scale, spot build up for the entire home.
- Rated to treat 48,000 Grains of Hardness by removing skin damaging hard minerals like iron and magnesium that clog up the skin pore and causes irritation.
4. Kenmore 350 Water Softener With High Flow Valve | Reduce Hardness Minerals & Clear Water Iron | Whole Home Water Softener | Easy To Install | Reduc
- For Cleaner Home Water: Reduce damaging hardness mineral levels up to 90 grains per gallon (GPG) and clear water iron up to 8 parts per million (PPM) in your home’s water with the 32,000 grain Kenmore water softener.
- IntelliSoft Technology: Built with intuitive technology that adjusts to your water needs, saving you money in salt, water and energy bills. Plus, you’ll never run out of soft water.
- Advanced Display Board: Easily monitor your Kenmore Water Softener’s salt levels and current water flow.
- Ultra Cleansing Feature: Built-in screen keeps larger particles of sediment from entering your home’s plumbing system and provides protection for your water-using appliances.
- Space Saving Design: This compact whole house water softening system can be easily installed in tight spaces. An ideal, convenient fit for your incoming water line.
5. Whirlpool WHES40E 40,000 Grain Softener | Salt & Water Saving Technology | NSF Certified | Automatic Whole House Soft Water Regeneration, White
- Dimensions: 19″ D x 18″ W x 47 7/8″ H
- Full 1-year parts and labor . The system can be extended to 2 years when you buy 3 bottles of Whirlpool WHEWSC water softener cleanser (sold separately)
- Whirlpool water softeners automatically Calculate how much salt and water is required to regenerate and only uses what is necessary, resulting in a significant reduction in salt and water usage
- NSF certified to reduce hard water symptoms such as embarrassing stains, build up on your Plumbing and Faucets and spotting on dishes
- Whirlpool WHES40E water softener is ideal for households of 1-6 plus people and removes up to 10 ppm of clear water (ferrous) iron
6. NuvoH2O Manor + Taste Complete Water Softener System, Includes 1 Manor Water Softener and 1 Taste Replacement Cartridge, Complete System
- The Manor Duo Water Softener + Taste Filter System is ideal for homes that are larger than 1,500 sq. ft. and experience symptoms of hard water and have bad tasting or smelling water in their homes.
- Retains healthy minerals in your water. No slick feeling like you get with other water softeners. Complies with NSF/ANSI Standard 42
- Developed from 30+ years of commercial experience. Extends the life of your water heater, plumbing fixtures, and appliances. Eco-friendly – no salt, no phosphates, no wastewater, no electricity.
- Prevents hard water scale buildup. Removes existing hard water scale. Compact design – fits almost anywhere. Simple cartridge replacement. Cartridge and filter last up to 6 months. Removes sediment and most chemicals from house water.
- Included in package: System housing (1 head and 2 sumps), Mounting bracket, 1 Softener cartridge, 1 Carbon taste filter, 1 Wrench, Tapcon screw pack, System head screw pack, 2 O-rings, Lubricant, Installation guide and Warranty/Registration card.
7. Whirlpool WHELJ1 Central Water Filtration System, White
- Unlimited Filtered Home Water: Conveniently maintain your unlimited access to safe and great-tasting purified drinking and cleaning water from any faucet in your home.
- 1-Year Full Parts and Labor : This whole house filter system comes with a 3-year on the electronics and 5 years on the tank.
- Never Change A Filter Again: This Central Water Filtration System uses Filter Sense Technology to automatically flush and clean its filter every 14 days. You won’t have to replace the filter for the entire lifetime of the system.
- Easy Installation: This system comes with a bypass valve that will maintain optimal water pressure throughout your home and is easy to install. Installation guide included. You will need the necessary connectors and enough tubing to connect from the water softener to your existing plumbing, access to 110V electrical outlet, and drain
- Get Healthy, Contaminant-Free Water: The WHELJ1 whole home system is NSF certified to reduce water contaminants as small as 40 microns, which includes sediment, chlorine and other contaminants.
8. Aquasana Whole House Water Filter System – Water Softener Alternative – Salt-Free Descaler, Carbon & KDF Home Water Filtration – Filters Sediment &
- High-Performance Filter System – Salt-free conditioner, carbon & KDF filtration engineered to maximize filtration and reduce scale while leaving healthy minerals in your water. This system will NOT reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Cost Efficient & Long Lasting – Clean water for less than $0.01 a gallon – Save twice as much compared to other brands on purified water for 1 million gallons or 10 years
- Easy Maintenance – No draining or back flushing needed – Easily replace pre and post filters every 2 months for best filtration and flow rate
- Top-Grade Install Kit & Components – System includes filter tank, conditioner tank, 20″ pre-filter, post-filter, brass fittings for 1” or 3/4” pipes, bend supports, and shut-off valves – Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately. Please review owner’s manual before setting up.
- Clean, Great Tasting Water From Every Tap In Your Home – Removes 97% of chlorine. Plus, activated carbon is effective at reducing organic chemicals including pesticides, herbicides, and VOCs while allowing for a flow rate up to 11.8 gallons per minute.
9. EcoPure EPHS Conditioner | Water Softener & Filtration System Hybrid | NSF Certified | Salt Saving Technology
- SALT SAVING TECHNOLOGY: Autosense Technology is an exclusive feature that calculates how much salt and water is required to regenerate the system and only uses what is necessary, resulting in a significant reduction in salt and water usage
- PERFECT FOR URBAN AND RURAL AREAS: This whole home softening/filtration system hybrid is designed to be used with both city and private well water sources. Water Connections – Standard 1″ NPT male pipe thread
- EASY SETUP & MAINTENANCE: Intuitive programming controls, low salt indicator light and compact single tank design provide an easy softening solution
- SOFTENING AND FILTRATION IN ONE: The EPHS is NSF-certified to reduce hard water levels along with harmful contaminants including lead, chlorine, sediment, calcium, magnesium & iron
10. Capacitive Electronic Water Descaler System – Alternative Water Softener Salt Free for Whole House, Reduces the effects of Limescale [CWD24, Max 1
- EASY, CLEAN INSTALLATION: All you need is access to a minimum of 10″ of free pipe space with a maximum pipe diameter of 1″. Yarna water descaling system is completely DIY with no need for any tools or specialized help. Installation is simple, takes only 15 minutes and is 100% maintenance free. Our whole house water descaler works with any type of piping up to 1″ thick including iron, copper, stainless steel, plastic, PVC, PE-x, and compound pipes.
- RISK-FREE 365 DAYS, 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: You will enjoy a limescale-free environment as long as our Yarna house water softener descaling system is installed. To that end, should you not be satisfied with the product’s performance, you have a whole year to return it for a full refund!
- WHO BENEFITS FROM YARNA: We serve homeowners and small businesses by reducing the negative effects of hard water and protecting appliances. Our customers report cleaner pipes and faucets, lower costs for descaling and heating, and better overall water quality. Depending on the current condition of your plumbing and how large existing limescale deposits are, it may take up to three months to observe a significant improvement.
- HOW IT WORKS BETTER: Yarna CWD24 is a Patented Water Descaler System designed to treat water for the whole house! Our descaling system treats water with electric pulses generated within the electronic unit and controlled by a micro-chip. These pulses are transmitted via our Ultra Flat Impulse Bands that are wrapped around the pipe and change the crystals in the water as it flows by, allowing for the breakdown of crystals that would otherwise buildup into limescale, which can break appliances.
- WHY DESCALING IS BETTER THAN SOFTENING: The Yarna CWD24 Water Descaler System won’t eliminate wanted minerals from the water that are good for our bodies. The patented system allows the hardness level of water to remain unchanged before and after treatment, which mitigates the negative effects such as preventing minerals from forming scale deposits, which is the main disadvantage of hard water. Unlike traditional water softeners, Yarna does not require the use of salt or any water to be wasted.
What Features and Facts Did We Consider to Choose the Best water softener system for home
For choosing the correct list of the water softener system for home we have considered some of the products’ aspects and suggest our users do so. Here are the factors to look at.
A brand’s value is the sum total of how much consumers are willing to pay for its goods or services. This can be affected by many factors, including the quality of the water softener system for home, the perceived value of the brand, and the emotional connection consumers feel with the brand.
A strong brand can command a premium price, while a weak brand may have to discount its products to attract buyers.
So, we have considered the brand value for choosing a product.
Features of the Product
When buying a water softener system for home, it is essential to check the features to ensure you get what you want. Some features to look for include:
- The size of the item
- The color of the product
- The correct weight to choose
- What materials did it use?
- The shape of the item
- The design of the water softener system for home.
- The right price
- The warranty of the product
Does it Come with a Warranty?
When making a big purchase, it is essential to consider the item’s warranty. If something goes wrong with the item, the warranty will cover the repair or replacement costs. Most warranties last for a year, but some may last longer. We have considered warranty an essential factor in choosing a water softener system for home.
Guides on User Rating
When looking at user ratings, we keep a few things in mind. The first is that ratings are often skewed towards the extremes, with more people rating something as 5 stars or 1 star than something in the middle. This means you should take the average rating with a grain of salt.
Another thing to remember is that people who take the time to leave a rating usually do so because they either loved or hated the water softener system for home. This means that you should pay more attention to the reviews that people leave than the rating itself.
Finally, we considered that user ratings are just one tool you can use to decide. They should not be the only factor you consider when purchasing.
Consideration on Specifications
When it comes to making a big purchase for the right water softener system for home, it is essential to do the research and compare different water softener system for home options before making a decision.
One of the main things we considered is the specifications of the product. This can include features, size, weight, price, and more. By taking the time to compare the specifications of different products, you could find the one that is the best fit for you and your needs.
Our Evaluation of Quality of the Product
When customers are looking to make a purchase, one of the critical considerations is the quality of the water softener system for home. Customers want to know that they are getting a well-made product that will last. This is why quality is such an important consideration when customers are making a purchase. Quality products are crucial to customer satisfaction and can help build brand loyalty.
So, to make the review section, anyone should evaluate the quality of the products to make the right choice.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How Did We Come Up with The List for This Buying Guide?
First, our algorithms gathered as much information on these items as possible from reliable sources. We collect information by analyzing vast amounts of data. Then, using industry-standard criteria, specialists assessed them on their quality-to-price ratio, allowing us to select the top water softener system for home on the market!
How Much Money Should We Spend to Buy water softener system for home?
Before deciding on a pricing range for a product, consider its quality and how long it will endure. Determine how essential the product is to you and how long it will serve you. Then compare that to its quality.
If you are not going to use the water softener system for home for a long time, you do not need a quality that will endure a long time; thus, do not make your pricing range too high.
On the other hand, if you intend to use it for an extended period and regularly, you will require a high-quality item. As a result, a more significant price range would not be an issue.
How to Maintain the Item Properly
No matter what you are using, whether it’s an electric item, clothing, or other appliance, you want to ensure it lasts as long as possible. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your product to make it last longer.
Clean the Product Regularly
One of the best ways to extend the life of any item is to clean it regularly. This is especially true for items that see a lot of use. Keeping the water softener system for home clean can prevent dirt and grime from building up and causing wear and tear. In addition, regular cleaning can help you spot any potential problems early on before they have a chance to cause severe damage.
Where to Keep the water softener system for home
When storing your belongings, be sure to keep the water softener system for home in a cool and dry place. This will help to keep them in good condition and prevent them from becoming damaged. If possible, store them in a climate-controlled environment to further protect them.
Don’t Expose it to Extreme Heat/Wet conditions
It is best to avoid exposing the water softener system for home in heat and humid environments. The item can absorb moisture from the air, leading to warping and cracking. The item can also expand and contract in extreme temperatures, which can cause the finish to crack or peel.
Don’t Put it Around Harsh Chemicals
Avoiding contact with harsh chemicals is essential for protecting the condition of water softener system for home. These chemicals can be found in many standard household products, including cleaners, detergents, and pesticides.
They can also be found in some workplaces. Exposure to harsh chemicals can destroy your products or reduce their durability of the product. Taking some steps to avoid contact with these chemicals can help keep you safe.
Keep it in a Clean Place
It is essential to keep your water softener system for homes in a clean space to enhance their longevity. This means avoiding places with excessive dust, dirt, or moisture, which can lead to damage and premature deterioration.
Taking care of your products will help them last longer and perform better, so it’s worth creating a safe, clean environment for them.
My Two Cents on This Buying Guide
Finding a good product can be difficult. I recommend considering only products that offer premium features at an affordable price.
I like products that make buying more manageable, rather than piling new features onto old products. I also recommend products that have excellent customer service. You want a product you’ll use for a long time, so customer service matters.
You can easily select the best water softener system for home by reading our brief reviews and description area. In conclusion, you should read the item’s description carefully to choose the best item. The description should contain information about the item, such as the type, color, size, material, brand, usage, decorations, etc.